Monday, December 3, 2012

Buy local this holiday season!

Victoire Boutique, where m3s has sold on and off over the years, wrote an excellent article on what it means to buy local.

http://www.notrevictoire.com/2012/12/support-localyear.html

Usually when I sell at shows, the shoppers are savvy and realize that they're spending a bit more to get a better quality, ethical, and local product.  However, once in a while I'll get comments from someone who just doesn't understand.  ("$50 for a scarf??  How ridiculous!")  I always try to support small businesses- I would much rather spend my money supporting our economy and local artisans.  Please keep this in mind when you're doing your Christmas shopping this year.  You won't believe the beautiful, unique items you can find at local craft shows!  I'll be at Smart Design Mart this weekend, which will be a great place to start ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment