Thursday, May 20, 2010

I ♥ Summer Dresses

Instead of going to watch the hockey game with friends tonight, I opted to stay in and work on a bunch of dresses I'll be bringing to Headquarters tomorrow. It got me thinking about my own collection of summer dresses, and I realized something: to me, summer dresses are the one thing that never go out of style. In my opinion, a great summer dress is beautiful year to year, regardless of fashion trends.

I know that a lot of people are getting sick of the maxi dress this year, but my own saved my life last August in ridiculously hot Venice, when a mini would have left me sticking to everything I sat on! So I know for sure I'll be breaking that one out again this year.

m3s maxi dress, Venice, Italy, 2009.


I have a cute turquoise jersey dress with a pretty lace back- I don't know how many years ago I bought it, or even what store it came from, but I still think it's beautiful and happily wore it in Mexico this year. With a flower in my hair, of course.

Don't mind Patrick. Random jersey dress, Cancun, Mexico, 2010.


A floral mini dress from a Guess sample sale... four years ago?... is still one of my favourite non-m3s dresses in my closet.

Guess minidress, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, 2008.


And then there are, of course, the new favourites, especially this one little beauty that makes me smile every time I look at it.

m3s sweetheart dress, Tulum, Mexico, 2010.


Anyway, my point is: I don't care what trends dictate- a nicely fitting summer dress in a pretty colour will ALWAYS have a place in my wardrobe.

No comments:

Post a Comment