Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Online shipping fee calculator, and SDM photos

Are you doing your holiday shopping online and ordering items that are shipping from the US to Canada? (I know I am!) Make sure that you factor in duty fees into your budget. This is the most handy shipping fees calculator, telling you duty and brokerage fees for whatever you're ordering, based on the price, shipping method, and where the product was made. It's always been extremely accurate for me.


If you are ordering from the US, I highly recommend having the goods shipped with USPS. I have paid ridiculous fees on packages shipped UPS- once a $40 pair of shoes ended up costing me $80 after duty! With USPS, I've rarely been charged anything, unless the package is very expensive, and even then the fees aren't too bad.

Just thought I'd share!

And here are a few more photos from Smart Design Mart.


Photo by Jonathan Brunette

Photo from Smart Design Mart's blog.

Photo from Smart Design Mart's blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment